SOWDES is a privately owned and operated business that provides site specific design and consultation services within the water, wastewater and environmental industries. Specifically, SOWDES specialises in the areas of; wastewater management, sewer and stormwater management and hydraulic drainage system design, stormwater catchment and quality modelling, bushfire protection and hazard assessments, irrigation design and assessing the potential impacts of developments on localised flora and fauna. SOWDES is an acronym for ‘Systems of Water Design Encouraging Sustainability’ with the emphasis on designs that incorporate the latest in water re-use and recycling technology whilst operating within the guidelines of relevant standards, codes and ordinances. The business is based in the Southern Tablelands region of New South Wales, however this does not confine its geographical region of operations. In particular, the owner of SOWDES holds the following tertiary and industry qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture with speciality in irrigation (Charles Sturt University)
- Graduate Diploma in Bushfire Protection (University of Western Sydney)
- Graduate Certificate Engineering – Water (University of Technology Sydney)
- An accredited irrigation designer and auditor with attainment of certification through the Irrigation Association of Australia
- Attainment in wastewater management through the Centre for Environmental Training
- Accredited designer and consultant in stormwater modelling utilising the eWater ‘MUSIC’ modelling program including attainment in the ‘NorBE’ Development Assessment guidelines as published by Water NSW
- Various other training and industry specific certifications.
Please visit the remainder of the site to see what services SOWDES may be able to offer for your development.